Benefits of being a Healthy Workplace
Workplace health interventions play an important part in raising awareness and understanding of the benefits of both physical and mental wellbeing in the workplace
Employees can be catalysts of change within their own home or community by using the workplace as a start point for adopting new, healthier habits that can be extended across all forms of their daily life.
- Increased productivity
- Reduced absenteeism, presenteeism and a cost of saving of health related sick leave
- Attracting & Retaining the best staff
- Higher levels of staff engagement
- Greater business capacity to thrive
- Let’s not forget – an all round happier environment!
The potential return of investment for a UK business that invests in workplace health initiatives is £4.17 for every £1 spent.
An employer who actively promotes wellbeing in the workplace is eight times more likely to have employees fully engaged in their work.
Promoting good health at work can see a 25 – 40% reduction in absenteeism
Employee Benefits – Improved Morale, confidence and self-esteem. Reduction in stress related illnesses. Positive company image.
Plus Healthy employees improve company health and culture in all of the following ways:
- Healthy Productivity, energy, engagement and morale – fitness improves employee population energy, attitude, focus, presentism, engagement and productivity.
- Business and job performance – job performance improves by 25% if employees eat healthy and by 15% if they exercise at least 30 minutes 3 times a week
- Leadership – confident employees are more willing to take on leadership roles.
- Fun – employees who participate in wellness activities at work and in the community, like charity races and competitions, have fun.
- Happiness – healthy employees are happier.