Health, Exercise, Nutrition (HEN) Postnatal Group
HEN Postnatal is a free healthy lifestyles course for North Somerset residents who have given birth in the last year. The course offers weekly support for up to 12 weeks, to help mums feel better about themselves and focuses on:
- participation in physical activity (40 minutes of the session will include taking part in gentle exercise)
- weight loss over the twelve weeks (individuals will have their weight taken at some of the sessions)
- eating well advice
- goal setting
- motivational support and tips to stay on track
- general wellbeing support and signposting
- the programme is designed to give you the tools you need to make small but sustainable changes that can be maintained long term, supporting you to lose weight and maintain this weight loss.
You are invited to come along if you:
- Have a body mass index equal to 25 or more (adjusted to a BMI equal to 23 or more in women of Black African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin and those with comorbidities)
- Have a baby aged 0-12 months old
- Live in North Somerset
4. Can attend at least 9 sessions within 12 weeks, with a follow up session at 26 weeks.
When: Wednesdays 11.15am-1pm
Where: Vision North Somerset, 3 Neva Road, Weston super Mare, BS23 1YD
Bring your baby along to the sessions and meet other mums.
Delivery staff include Naomi (North Somerset Council’s Healthy Lifestyles Advisor) and Zoe (qualified pre and post natal exercise instructor).
To find out more email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 426349.
Complete our Health MOT to book a place on the course.
Please note: the course is designed as a rolling programme so that mums can join at anytime to start the 12 weeks of support, it is expected that participants attend at least 9 sessions within 12 weeks.
If you are a practitioner and you would like to refer a resident you are supporting to the course please complete our Practitioner Referral and note in the ‘anything else we should know box?’ that you are referring to the H.E.N postnatal course.
Testimonials from participants:
“I love how accessible it is as its free”
“Non-judgemental health and exercise support postnatally with two lovely ladies Zoe and Naomi”
“Very positive, it has been great to be held accountable with a weekly weigh in, have met new people”
“Great experience, lost weight and and have made healthier choices throughout the course that I will continue. Met other mums and exercise more”
“It was really good coming to the group and hearing about all the advice around healthy eating. It has also motivated me to start doing more exercises during the week”
“The group has been amazing, its been really nice to meet the other people in similar situations with no judgement either”
“My mental wellbeing is better, I feel stronger”
“It has made me think and reconsider my eating habits, its also encouraged me to be active more frequently”