Free apps to kickstart your health
Easy meals app
For meal ideas, recipes, cooking tips. The app is a great way to eat foods that are healthier for you. You’ll find delicious, easy meal ideas to get you going if you’re ever short of inspiration. Sometimes it’s hard to know what to prepare, or think of new meal ideas. Remembering ingredients and keeping track of calories can be a hassle.
Food scanner app
Start finding healthier swaps today, just scan the barcodes of your family’s favourite foods, swipe to see the healthier options available, and make a swap next time you shop!
Drink free days app
For the days you do not want to drink alcohol. Feel healthier, lose weight and save money by picking your days to go drink-free.
One simple way to cut down is to have at least a few drink-free days every week, so choose yours and get practical support to stick with it.
With the app you can:
- update and track your drink-free days
- get simple and practical tips to help you control your drinking
- receive reminders when you need it most
- celebrate milestones when you reach your targets
Couch to 5K app
A running programme for absolute beginners. The app:
- has a choice of 5 trainers to motivate you
- works with your music player
- tracks your runs
- connects you with other Couch to 5K runners
Couch to 5K can be completed in as little as 9 weeks, or longer if you want to go at your own pace.
Active 10 app
The Active 10 app records every minute of walking you do (anonymously). Just pop your phone in your pocket and away you go! The app:
- tracks your steps
- helps you set goals
- shows you your achievements
- gives you tips to boost your activity
Did you know walking briskly, even for 1 minute, counts as exercise? What are you waiting for – take your first steps today!