Choose 2 Lose
Where: Hutton Moor Leisure Centre (Weston-super-Mare) and Scotch Horn Leisure Centre (Nailsea)
Offers 12 weeks of group support to improve healthy habits with a focus on healthy eating and exercise, this is a free service for adults with a body mass index (BMI) equal to 25 or more.
The programme is designed to give you the tools you need to make small but sustainable changes that can be maintained long term, supporting you to lose weight and maintain this weight loss.
The programme focuses on behaviour change, individuals have their weight taken each week and are encouraged to work towards a 5% weight loss goal by week 12, with a follow up session at 26 weeks. To get the most out of the course it is expected that participants attend at least 9 sessions, those attending at least 9 of the 12 sessions will be eligible for two months free gym membership worth £88.
Each session is interactive, lasts 90 minutes and covers different topics each week which will support weight loss (e.g. portion sizes, healthy food swaps, setting goals, taking part in physical activity, local support and signposting).
- Adults that want to lose weight
- Aged 18 years old or more, with a BMI ≥25 (adjusted to BMI≥23 in adults of Black African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin / or those with comorbidities)
- Living within North Somerset
- Not currently attending another 12 week weight management service
The courses are delivered by Hutton Moor Leisure Centre and Scotch Horn Leisure Centre, Legacy Leisure.
To find out more or to book a place on the next courses email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 425900 (ask for Kylie Taylor).
- Wednesday’s, 6.30pm-8pm at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre (Weston)
- Monday’s, 7pm-8.30pm at Scotch Horn Leisure Centre (Nailsea)