Free group support to lose weight in January 2024
Choose 2 Lose is available at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, Weston-super-Mare and Scotch Horn Leisure Centre, Nailsea – starting in January 2024
The programme which has been running for two years offers 12 weeks of group support to improve healthy habits with a focus on healthy eating and exercise, this is a free service for adults with a body mass index (BMI) equal to 25 or more.
Choose 2 Lose is designed to give you the tools you need to make small but sustainable changes that can be maintained long term, supporting you to lose weight and maintain this weight loss for the long term.
The programme focuses on behaviour change, individuals have their weight taken at some sessions and are supported to work towards a 5% weight loss goal by week 12, with a follow up session at 26 weeks. To get the most out of the course it is expected that participants attend at least 9 sessions, those attending at least 9 of the 12 sessions will be eligible for two months free gym membership worth £88.
Each session is interactive, lasts 90 minutes and covers different topics each week which will support weight loss such as: portion sizes, healthy food swaps, setting goals, taking part in physical activity, local support and signposting.
- Adults that would like to lose weight
- Aged 18 years old or more, with a BMI ≥25 (adjusted to BMI≥23 in adults of Black African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin / or those with comorbidities)
- Living within North Somerset
- Able to attend a minimum of 9 sessions
- Not currently attending another 12 week weight management service or previously attended Choose 2 Lose.
The courses are delivered by Legacy Leisure staff at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre and Scotch Horn Leisure Centre.
To find out more or to book a place on the next courses email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 425900 (ask for Kylie Taylor).
- Wednesday’s, 6.30 – 8pm at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre (Weston) – starting 17 January 2024
- Wednesday’s, 6.30 – 8pm at Scotch Horn Leisure Centre (Nailsea) – starting 24 January 2024
Five Reading Well collections are available in public libraries to help you…
Free, personalised support to improve health and wellbeing is now available to…
Over 60 local good causes have signed up to the North Somerset…