Reading Well collections at your local library
Five Reading Well collections are available in public libraries to help you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing.
- Reading Well for mental health (adult mental health and wellbeing)
- Reading Well for teens (teenage mental health and wellbeing, previously known as ‘Shelf Help’)
- Reading Well for children (children’s mental health and wellbeing)
- Reading Well Books on Prescription for dementia
- Reading Well for long-term conditions
The books in each collection are all recommended and chosen by health professionals as well as by people with living with the conditions and topics covered, and their relatives and carers.
Books from all collections are freely available in all North Somerset Libraries. You can also be recommended a title by a health professional to support treatment.
Titles in each Reading Well collection are shelved together in the related section of the library (health, teen, children’s). Reading Well titles can be requested for free through library staff or online at Libraries West if the book you want is not on the shelf.
All books can be checked out confidentially through library self-service machines for a longer loan period of six weeks. Items can be renewed if not required by another borrower, and there are no overdue charges on Reading Well titles.
Many of the Reading Well titles are also available to borrow as eBooks on the BorrowBox website and app.