ParkRun happens every Saturday morning at 9am. ParkRun is 5K long and take place in parks and open spaces. Junior parkrun happens every Sunday at 9am and is 2K in distance.
The facts for first timers:
– Any age, any ability, EVERYBODY is welcome
– It is FREE.
– You do not have to run all the way, you can walk, jog skip, pause or sprint from the start to the finish.
– First timers are welcomed with open arms and made to feel special!
– You can turn up at any PARKRUN up and down the country; as long as you have registered you can take part.
– Finally, you can always volunteer instead of taking part and enjoy being part of the PARKRUN family!
North Somerset has ParkRuns in:
– Salthouse fields in Clevedon taking in the splendid lake and Victorian Pier and picturesque promenade.
– Marine Parade at Weston-super-Mare taking you along the beach with far reaching views across to Brean Down and Wales.
– Ashton Court, an up and down route that takes you past the deer enclosure and has wonderful views of the City of Bristol.
There are also ParkRuns at Burnham-on-Sea and Cheddar.
To find out more go to: www.parkrun.org.uk
There are Junior Parkruns in Clevedon (Bandstand, Seafront), Weston (Walford Avenue) & Yatton (Hangstones Pavilion).
To find out more go to https://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/juniorevents
PARKRUN events are always looking for volunteers. Please go to specific parkrun webpages to sign up and read all about volunteering here: https://volunteer.parkrun.com/principles/volunteer-roles