Healthy Lifestyles Advisors
The North Somerset Healthy Lifestyles Advisors can support you to Eat Well with 1-1 or group support available over a duration of 12 weeks. Support encourages an overall healthy, nutritionally balanced, and enjoyable diet in line with current eat well guidelines.
Depending on what your eat well goals might be our Healthy Lifestyles Advisors can facilitate changes in shopping, cooking and eating, supporting you to move away from high fat, processed foods. We support those on low incomes to shop and cook for the family at a lower cost, signposting to local food support provision and other cost of living support.
Resident eligibility criteria
- You must live in Weston-super-Mare, Worle, Winscombe or Banwell (One Weston, Worle and Villages locality)
- If you live in the Woodspring locality (outside of the areas listed above), you must answer YES to one of the below requirements to be eligible:
- I am in receipt of income support, income-based job seekers allowance, income-related employment and support allowance
- I am unemployed
- I am employed in a routine based occupation (e.g. routine sales and service, routine production, routine technical, routine operative, routine agricultural)
- I have an annual family income (used to work out tax credits) of £15,276 or less and receive either child tax credit, working tax credit, working tax credit including a disability element
- I am in receipt of universal credit
- I am in receipt of pension credit guarantee credit or pension credit guarantee credit with saving credit
- I have a disability or mental health condition that reduces my ability to carry out day to day activities
- I have a valid HC2 certificate
Eat Well eligibility criteria
|Topic of support||Criteria to access support|
|Eat Well||Poor diet (scored against Eat Well guide recommendations)
Eating a healthy diet is important to you and you are committed to eating a healthier diet.
Anyone not meeting the above resident and Eat Well criteria are not eligible for support from a Healthy Lifestyles Advisor.
- Severe/moderate frailty as recorded on a frailty register
- Has a diagnosed eating disorder
- Has a significant unmanaged co-morbidity
- Has had bariatric surgery in the last two years
Watch our video below to hear more about the support from our Healthy Lifestyles Advisors: